Convocation of sessions
A regular session is held twice a year on June 15 and November 20, but the first session in the year when the general election is held can be held in September or October by a resolution of the council. An extraordinary session must be convened within 15 days upon request of the mayor or by a motion submitted by at least one-third of incumbent members.
- A regular session is convened on June 15 and November 20 each year. If the date falls on an official holiday, it is convened on the next day.
- Major activities of a regular session include
- Deciding on the settlement of accounts pursuant to Act No. 134, and deliberating and deciding on other agendas presented at the first session
- Deciding on the budget bill pursuant to Act No. 127 and deliberating and deciding on other agendas presented at the second session
- Performing the inspection on administrative affairs
- An extraordinary session may be convened upon request of the head of local government or at least one-third of incumbent members.
- Major activities of an extraordinary session include
- Hearing important issues presented and discussing solutions
- Deliberating on agenda items including proposed bills for municipal ordinance